Electrical surges, broken outlets or switches and frequently tripping breakers are just a few signs you have an electrical problem in your home. Here are the top 5 problems we encounter nearly every day!
When you think about surge protection for your home you probably never think that the source of the damaging electric surges are coming from inside your home. It’s true! The average home might experience hundreds of these damaging electrical surges every day. Where are they coming from? It’s all of your appliances, computers and electronics.
These electrical surges, or fluctuations in voltage, can wear down and damage all of the electronics in your home.
The damage caused by these minor power fluctuations is instantaneous, and may not show up right away. Hundreds of these power fluctuations happen every day between appliances and electronics. You think everything is fine, then one day your microwave stops working because the circuit board is fried.
The solution? Ross Electric recommends a surge protection outlet for the complete protection of valuable appliances and electronics. A surge protection outlet blocks the dangerous fluctuations in power, and protects components from failing. It looks like a regular outlet, but behind the cover plate is an appliance and electronics lifesaver!
For complete protection of your home Ross Electric recommends a whole home surge protection device. A whole home surge protection unit will divert damaging electrical surges from lightning strikes and power grid surges from coming in to your home, sending them safely in to a ground wire.
Surge protection is a complicated thing, but Ross Electric can make it easy. Call today to protect your valuable electronics.
Switches and outlets wear out over time. Repetitive use weakens the internal mechanisms and contact points to a point where they just don’t work any longer. The only solution is replacement.
Circuit breakers that frequently trip are a sign that something is wrong with the electrical system in your home. It could be anything from an overloaded circuit to a faulty circuit breaker switch. This is a problem that shouldn’t be ignored. That’s because circuit breakers that trip are experiencing higher than normal levels of power usage. When this happens, the wires inside your home are heating up. This can be a fire hazard.
This can be caused by a number of things including damaged wiring. It can also happen if the electrical system in your house is outdated or strained by electrical appliances and lights. Running appliances like an air conditioner, microwave or hair dryer shouldn’t cause flickering or dimming of the lights. If they do, you have a problem that needs to be addressed right away.
It’s normal for some dimmer switches to feel warm to the touch, however if outlets and switches feel hot to the touch it indicates there’s an electrical wiring problem that should be checked by a licensed electrician as soon as possible.
If you’re experiencing any of these problems, give us a call. We’ll diagnose the problem and give you several options to meet your budget. At Ross Electric, we always say, “Safely First”.
Ross Electric services the following counties and more
Sullivan, Ulster, and Orange Counties in New York and Wayne and Pike Counties in Pennsylvania
© 2023 Ross Electric. All Rights Reserved.